This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Liberty Jean Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:43 pm

» something winter this way comes -//- open
by kiesahsidhe Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:58 pm

» Noble Pursuit [In Italia]
by Damon Fauci Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:26 pm

» The Good Kind of Drawback ((Open))
by Cocina Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:36 pm

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by Ruslan Chergari Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:04 am

» It's a Discord[ian] affair! ||Info!||
by Epiphany Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:57 pm

Exploration and Change [A log]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Exploration and Change [A log]

Post by Damon Fauci on Sat May 15, 2010 6:08 pm

Daily work, it seemed that it was something that you never really got out of. Going in, clocking in, working your shift, and then going home so you can do it all over again. She had just gotten done with her shift. She no longer really clocked in and out, instead she just made sure people were there to cover then she went out. After speaking with the assistant manager, she would smile, and turn on her way. The day had been rather slow, for the normal sort of clientele must of been sleeping today. She had changed out of the Star bucks uniform, for she kept it in her office, for the most part. Dressed in a pair of blue jean capris, with a blue and black diamond sash she had roped it in between the jeans belt loops. White tennis shoes on her feet, with small tennis socks. A teal tank top, was worn, no over shirts. Slipping out of the door, in the parking lot, heading towards her car. Unless something caught her attention of course.

What luck. For what there was - or rather who there was - to catch her attention happened to be right by her car. As he waited for her to leave her place of business, the manner in which Damon leaned against the driver's side door suggested to all who observed him that he belonged there. As far as he was concerned, he did. The night they met he'd made an arrangement with Titania, and as her teacher she would have to get used to him appearing whenever he felt it was needed. Tonight he was adorned as he usually was. Pants and short-sleeved shirt were both well-tailored, well-made and expensive, as were the Italian leather boots on his feet. He also wore his black velvet Victorian waistcoat, a nostalgic staple of his that he'd literally had for centuries. Only Damon could wear something so antiquated with such ease and style. Spotting her perhaps even before she spotted him, there spread the wan, wolfish grin he was known for. "You look dressed for adventure, Titania." Did she? Though she was a short distance away Damon didn't worry about her not hearing him. Carrying his words so that they were spoken directly in her ear was a trick he'd mastered a long time ago and used often.

Did Damon truly ever not belong somewhere he wished to be? She had not noticed him at first, but it could of been he hadn't been there when she glanced, or it could of been that her mind was else where. It was when the voice came out, that she would lift her head towards the Equanox. She started walking towards the car, her feet moved quickly, instead of moving slowly. A smile touched her lips, it was the sort one would give a friend, because even if Damon was her teacher, she would have to trust him, completely wouldn't she to get the full experience of what he was going to teach her. He had many tricks that one, and so that did not surprise her, not since learning about him. As in what he was. She grinned, "Do I?" She was pretty much up for anything, it was not that she had any plans, so there was no re-arranging that would have to be done. She had not a clue what Xavier was up to, and she had not yet made plans with Madeline, so it looked like she was at Damon's disposal. Once she reached the car she would pause a moment. "Hello. Damon." A grin, "How's it going?" She figured he would give her the details of what he wanted to do.

The wolfish grin grew, to a point that looked one step short from of a laugh. "Absolutely out of this world." Whether it was additional commentary on her attire and appearance or he was answering her about how things were going, he didn't offer any clarification. She could interpret his words as she liked. Whenever Damon dropped modern colloquialisms, partnered with his old-world aristocratic behavior, it always sounded a bit out of place. His own brand of humor. Once she reached her car he ceased his lean, waving behind his shoulder at her vehicle as he told her with smooth dismissiveness, "Your transportation is unneeded tonight. My deeper searches of the surrounding area have finally paid off, I've somewhere I wish to take you tonight. For now, we walk, and you'll tell me how things have been progressing with your studies." As soon as he said 'walk', Damon indicated the direction they would go by starting off at a pace that he knew she could keep. He wasn't the sort to waste time, especially when a lesson was involved.

The words, had sounded a little funny coming out of him, with his speech. But she just had a small grin. "Good to hear." It was wasn't it no matter how she took his words, they were not bad words. She nodded, she would not dispute him on things that could pertain to a lesson. She would wait until they were walking, she had no large bags with her tonight, so there was no harm in just going without putting anything down. As they would walk along, she would fall into step, as much as he allowed. "Well, since you last checked in, I met a guy." That was true right? "And we have been doing my homework very well. I dare say that things happened just as they did when I was lone with myself. Except more happened." A pause, "So far every time we have done anything, there is always a side effect, like the doors opening or closing. Windows moving." A small grin, "The other night, we were in my office, and the workers thought the ice machine was possessed." That part made her laugh, it was the look on the other peoples faces. "Though I have not yet fully explored with him, he has other forms." He did, and she wasn't beating around the bush in filling Damon in. THat might not make Xavier happy, but she had an agreement with Damon, in which she hid nothing from him.!

When one had a stationary conversation with Damon, they were treated to his very direct gaze, in which he held the eyes of the person he spoke to as absolutely as possible. Walking with Damon was a very different experience. The predator in him put all of his senses to watchful use, reaching out in constant observation and calculation of the area around them. This included his eyes, which he kept to the area ahead of them. This did not mean he wasn't listening to her, however. Quite the contrary, Damon listened not only to her reply but all the other sounds of the night as well, including ones she couldn't herself hear. Nothing he heard, smelt, saw or felt suggested to him that anything was amiss tonight beyond the ordinary Rhy'dinian inanity - not that he expected otherwise. His hope for it to be otherwise, well that's another matter entirely and neither here nor there. From the curl of his lip she might be able to tell even by glancing at his profile that he was amused by what she said. "Fascinating. Does he possess talents which are similar to your own?" He did remember that she'd said she didn't know if her lineage included other races, so if this man she was seeing had similar abilities and other forms perhaps there was a correlation to be explored. If Titania knew the area well, she would notice that they were headed to the more unsavory part of Rhy'din. Just up ahead, crossing two, perhaps three more streets the condition of the buildings, the purposes they advertised, and the sort of people walking the streets would all change.

Even if his eyes were not upon her, it would not change the way that she answered. It was sometimes a little intimidating and hard not to get lost in the depths of his gaze. So it was better for her that they were walking and he was alert to everything else, as well. Nor would she think Damon was the sort of man that had to have his gaze on you for you to recieve his attention. He had that way about him. She gave a small shake, yet then a nod, and really she was a bit confused because it had changed. "Well, he's a werewolf. But his parents are both connected to some 'Source' and he said that he can use it too." That part was new to her, hence why she was a bit confused. Oh, she knew where they were going, but see the thing about her, she didn't think Damon was going to get her killed. Right now he was amused and he had taken her on as his student, and she trusted in that. Not saying that she couldn't handle herself, for in many things she could. But sometimes you needed a little of that non mortal help. As for her own blood lines nothing had come out yet.

And his amusement only grew. Magnified by a single word - werewolf. It inspired a grin which displayed all of his teeth - including his two sharpest, all the better to hunt his prey with - and that grin was the culmination of many layered thoughts. For powerful predators, he usually found the werewolves he'd encountered in the past to be rather uptight. But this was Damon after all, a man who for centuries oozed a devil-may-care nonchalance as easy as the sun made a mortal sweat. He had little time or interest for the rivalries some weres and some of his own kind chose to tangle themselves up in, especially since such power struggles benefitted him in no way whatsoever. What was the point of spending one's time with anything that didn't have a benefit? "As he is of a kind other than human, you should pay special attention to yourself if he ever shares with you his other forms. If it stirs something new inside of you, it could help answer the question of whether you are simply human, or a mixture of that and something more. As for this Source, is how he it behaves with him similar to how your own abilities manifest themselves in you?" As they crossed into the rougher side of town, Damon was keeping alert as he had been this entire time, and offered her only one bit of instruction. "As unlikely as it is, should anyone give you a second glance here merely brush your hand against me to let me know." Where she brushed was up to her, it was merely a code he wished to set in place so she didn't have to use words to tell him something was amiss. Depending on how her abilities were progressing, she might feel the swell of thrall extend from him over the general area, similar to how he'd affected the restaurant on the night they first met. What he chose to do with his will at this particular moment is why he felt it unlikely anyone would give her a second glance. Even a first glance would be surprising.
Damon Fauci

Number of posts : 124

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Exploration and Change [A log]

Post by Damon Fauci on Sat May 15, 2010 6:09 pm

The amusement was evident, even if she wasn't looking straight at him, it seemed to hum off of him. Much like the grin that he had. Now she wouldn't know about werewolfs being up tight, for her own experience had been with two. And boy they were talkers! Chat a girls ear off! But she looked past that with Xavier. And it would make sense, why bother the rivalry when there is nothing really in it for you? Because your bored? She gave a small nod. Now because she was with Damon, she could share, her thoughts. "The thought of him in his other form." For she had yet to learn there was two other forms, "I think it's hot. Is that wrong?" Speaking of her mind had come naturally with him. And really whom else would she admit that to, besides perhaps the man in question. She paused, "I don't quite know. He just spoke of it the other night." She thought about that, "I mean he used to say he was jealous of his sister because she had the ability to tap into it. And now, he said that he just hid his ability." Now if Damon was into the whole riverly thing that might not be so good, that T was so open with him. And when he spoke, she would give a small nod once more, she did hear, and she was the sort that used physical cues. "Thanks." She felt something but nothing that she could put her finger on. It was as if something was going on, and perhaps when she glanced around, and noticed that people were not noticing them, because people seemed to look all around them, that it must of been just like when they walked right past the bouncer.

Now Damon laughed. It was a rolling, easy sound. Like thunder rumbling through a body instead of the sky, rather melodic and rather pleasing to the ear. "Bella, tsk." His mouth fashioned a handsomely deviant smirk. "You ask a vampire this? A vampire's survival rests easiest in the sexual appeal of what we are, what we do, and how we do it. Were you faced with a vampire other than myself and you were asking me this question I'd advise you to take great care, as our actions cause attachments and lingering affects at the least and changes of a near fatal or fatal magnitude at our worst. I am no expert when it comes to the aims and consequences of mating with a werewolf, but it's a wise thing to discuss with him so that you know if there are any dangers that you'll wake up one day four-legged and howling at the moon, should that not be what you wish. Otherwise, what's the wrong in it? At our core every living creature is a sexual being, and if we're not careful that sexuality mades more daily decisions for us than most even realize. Do you think it's wrong?" He glanced at her briefly as he turned the question back upon her. As she continued speaking he added, "The fact he changed his story should concern you more than your attraction to his creed, Titania. In my opinion, at least. Does he know of your talents? Or did he like the rest think the business with the ice maker was unrelated to your love-making?" Her answer to that last question would determine the nature of Damon's advice.

If she was going to have people think she might be open to experiment whom was less likely to judge her then a vampire? "I don't think I would speak as openly with another vampire, if they were not, you." In a way, Damon was special, he was the first vampire she knowingly met and he was also the first person to offer to help her. Not that he was the knight on a white horse sort, she did not have such designs on Damon. There was some sort of barrier there from the start, that she could feel, and she wasn't one to test such. Well, perhaps if things were different, but they weren't. She let out a small giggle, at the picture of herself that way, because that was not something she had even thought about! See! It was good she talked to him. "Oh! That is something I should ask. I had asked about my safety when he changed, but not what if any effects it might have on me." That did make sense to her. Perhaps her sexuality already made more decisions for her then it should. "I don't see anything wrong with being curious and if you have the means, to explore them." She was rather open minded about such things. But no one ever had such a conversation with her, oh they had conversations but not, ones that made her reflect on things. And give real answers. Now that did have a thing. "He changed his story more then once." A small frown, "The first night we met when we met again he said it wasn't all true." She had chalked that up to him trying to feel her out. But the newest change. "He...figured out about my talents after the first time. It wasn't something that he was used too." As in she knew he wasn't a innocent as neither was she, and he would know that he hadn't caused the things to happen. "He thought it was neat." Yes, that would be the word she used, even if she couldn't recall his exact words. She did want to snort because she had a feeling, that he thought it was simply because of him. When she had a feeling that was not exactly true.

"Titania, what I'm about to say to you I'd rarely say to any girl I'd consider making my prey for one simple reason - were I to tell them this, to get what I wanted from them would be exponentially harder. Do you understand that, how ignorance or erroneous thinking is to a predatory creature's advantage?" Again, it was a moment that Damon felt the need to glance away from observing the road ahead of them to give her a full, complete look. At the moment his suavely beastly smirk and smile were nowhere to be found - what he just said to her he wanted to be sure she interpreted as information not to be cast away as jocular teasing or anything like that. "Now, to the point. Exploring what one has the means to explore is fine so long as you understand that exploration is the act of moving forward, and once you've explored you can never go back. I'm not talking geographically, of course more often than not you will return to the comfort of your own bed eventually. I'm talking in the sense of self. What you explore will change you, sometimes minutely, sometimes drastically, and rarely can you ever know how much until the exploration is done. It's because of that price that comes with exploring that I advised you to talk to your consort about any dangers of becoming like him, and so on. Am I being clear?" His tone wasn't a parent asking that scoldingly of a child, it was sincerely stated question. She was not his first pupil, and his other rather...colorfully stubborn pupil often told him how he 'wasn't making any freakin' sense'. Damon would get to her ability and the ability of her man and his story changing in a minute. They had time. He wanted this matter to be clear first.

She would not speak right off. She was taking what he said and letting it mull in that mind of her's first. If she just went off half cocked and made a sound of yeah yeah yeah, he would know. And she respected the fact that he would tell her things, when he would get his serious voice that she would listen. Technically most of the things that went bump in the night in Rhy'Din were predatory creatures. "That does make sense." Her head nodded, as he looked at her, she had looked to Damon as well. She listened to him once more, because he was speaking and he still had the same tone. It wasn't that when he spoke in other tones she did not pay attention, it was just the one he was using had more attention given to it. Was he being clear. He was! And she would let him know. "Your very clear." Her tone wasn't anything special except how Damons hearing was he would be able to note she was paying attention. "It's good to ask the questions before leaping into something blindly." Which if she didn't ask him such things, she would be leaping blindly. As it would be with anyone that happened to be different then her. And actions could have some interesting and perhaps unwanted side effects.

"That's a relief. And should your exploration make a change in you that you never wanted, the best thing you can do for yourself is find a way to embrace it and set to work on using the change to your advantage. Too many people spend months and years whining over what's befallen them, and it's a piteous waste of energy. None of us get what we want all of the time, including even me." He smirked dryly. "We are who we are. Fighting that is like trying to prevent the sun from rising." Damon was thinking of his other pupil when he said this to Titania. His other pupil that he had to spend most of his own efforts on trying to get her to embrace what she was and the change she didn't like. It was exhausting. "Now. He knows of your abilities, he's told you of us. So I see no harm in having a more detailed conversation with him about how his abilities work, their origin and where they draw from. Be frank with him that it's to help you learn, I don't see why he'd think ill of that. Even if it turns out there are absolutely no similarities between your powers and his, you can learn by process of elimination just as well as you can from similarity. As for his story changing, has he told you where this habit of his comes from? Is he involved with something where it's to his advantage to conceal things?" As they walked Titania would notice that the section of the city they were entering in was dilapidated to the point where the streets were nearly devoid of any signs of life, and some of the buildings were crumbling down under their own weight. It was far quieter here than the area they'd just walked through, and they were nearly at their destination.
Damon Fauci

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Damon Fauci on Sat May 15, 2010 6:09 pm

Once more she did not just spout off. Instead she took his words, digested before speaking. "You don't always get what you want?" Now she couldn't help that bit, because well she just couldn't! Before she did go back to being serious. ""Everything happens for a reason. And if it is something that befalls us that we can not change, we should just embrace it and make the best of it. Not fight it." She had a few thoughts on what the energy would be better wasted on. It wasn't her fault her mind went where it had, but there were other things as well. His logic was making perfect sense with her. And if he loved her, he would welcome the questions that she asked, because in learning things, it would educate her and allow her to be more knowledgeable about him. To be able to fully love him as he was completely. A nod of her head. "That does make sense." The differences could help to learn as well as the similarity. She thought about that, "He's a soldier? He's recently returned." And a part of her wondered if that did have something to do with it. She had glanced around, her attention wasn't solely on Damon, just a lot of it. Part of her was curious, okay more then a part when she saw how decryptive the buildings were, but she trusted that when Damon wanted her to know what they were doing, he would tell her. Blind trust in a vampire, for now.

The quality of his slight smile was hard to read. "No, I don't." He left his answer at that. "A soldier? Hm." He nodded. Clearly he thought as she did, that his vocation could be behind how he treated exchanges of information. In battle how information was passed, received and by whom meant the difference between lives and deaths, Damon knew that all too well. He let silence passed between them as he mulled over all she'd told him about the one she'd chosen to intimately associate herself with. Note that Damon didn't press her for a name, or information about where this man dwelled, or other such specifics. None of that was his concern. He walked with Titania one more block, and then came to a halt in front of a building that also had portions of its front crumbling with evidence of some hasty attempts at repair. The building was three stories high, and with its current state they wouldn't be able to go through the front door. A number of its windows were broken. Damon stared the building down, scrutinizing the outside of it as his other senses reached outward. He was feeling for signs of life. Nothing. Which is what he wanted. "There are some things you should know before we enter here, Titania. I do not own this building, and I do not know any of the prior owners of this building. I came across it shortly after we met, but I have not brought you here before as I've been watching this building closely to make sure that its previous tenants have truly passed on. While I haven't seen any evidence of habitation, I can't guarantee that our work here won't be interrupted, but what work we do manage to do here tonight I think you'll find very valuable. So. Are you willing to explore?" A briefly flashed grin knew the irony of what he asked, since he'd warned her about the risk of exploring earlier.

Hey it was good to know. Even if she had a hard time believing that. But she gave a small nod of her head. "I think he was fostered that way." But it did give a bit of insight as well. She had not gone the military path, really she wasn't truly cut out for that, she had a habit of talking back. And she did not like the idea of having to scrub floors with a toothbrush either. She didn't even think to tell him the man's name. Not because she didn't remember or did not care, but because it wasn't something that Damon would require. When he stopped in front of the building, she would pull up next to him, stopping as well. Nor did she speak right off, she was going to be a good little student, ask the questions when she had them. But not speak everything that popped into that pretty little head of hers. When he spoke she would glance over towards him, even if he was watching the house. Now, he gave her things up front, and she knew that things could change if she said yes. But wasn't that what had her going to him? They were changes he warned her about as well. A small breath as if she was actually thinking on it. "I am willing to explore." He never said things would be easy.

[ To be continued in another thread. ]
Damon Fauci

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum