This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.

Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» For a Reason
by E'Lara Yesterday at 10:10 pm

» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Liberty Jean Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:11 pm

» Sightseeing and Shopping [open]
by Tasha Masterson Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:01 am

» :{ Everybody has a past }: (Semi-open. Please ask before you join.)
by Lt. Seleen Darkite Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:38 am

» Brennos Igancious Moran [closed]
by Gypzee Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:25 am

» Night One: Introducing Himself [Open to Others]
by Ruslan Chergari Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:06 pm

I've been debating something

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Drop the Lt.?

46% 46% 
[ 6 ]
54% 54% 
[ 7 ]

Total Votes : 13

I've been debating something

Post by Guest on Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:56 am

Ok, here's the question. When Seleen and Shuda get married she is changing her last name to Darkite. But, should she keep the Lt. at the beginning of her name or not? I can't decide so I'm putting it to a vote.

Back to top Go down

Re: I've been debating something

Post by Guest on Tue May 05, 2009 6:31 am

Well it seems I am not the only one who cannot make up my mind. I need at least one more vote here guys. Or someone at least give me an argument for a yes or no. Something, please. LOL

Back to top Go down

Post by Major Co on Tue May 05, 2009 8:34 am

Ok. Then here's the argument. If she's a real Lt. marriage wouldn't strip her of her rank. It makes no sense for her to drop the Lt. It's something she earned before marriage. A female doctor wouldn't drop the Dr. from her name just because she got married.

Major Co

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue May 05, 2009 2:53 pm

But she is no longer in the Army. I only bring it up nw because I will be changing her name and figured if I was going to drop it I might as well kill two birds with one stone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marquιs del Stry on Tue May 05, 2009 7:54 pm

It is not often that I give my opinion in this section, but I thought that I would now. Even if she has retired from the Army, the title of Lieutenant is something that she has earned and, unless she is being stripped of rank. Outside of the military holdings she can still be called Lieutenant if she chooses (I had a lessons teacher who referred to himself as Corporal even though he was 20 years retired).

The question may not be if the rank should be dropped, but whether or not she still wishes to be referred to by it or not. If it is just to make the typing of the login name shorter, then that is what it is.

Marquιs del Stry

Number of posts : 208

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Triumphant Son on Tue May 05, 2009 7:59 pm

Speaking as someone with a background in the service, I'm gonna agree with the good Spaniard . she wouldn't lose her rank unless it was taken away, now she doesn't have to use it, but there is the option. in the end, its your call.
Triumphant Son

Number of posts : 12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum