This space is held for (the short version) announcements and any news worthy notations.

____________________________________

If you see missing pictures or links, bare with me! Slight changes in the works.




Here are a few links to help you get started and get a general feel for the players.

-Guest Poster? READ this!
Latest topics
» What The Heck Happened That Night!
by Arcadia Caughey Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:09 pm

» Noble Pursuit [In Italia]
by Damon Fauci Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:05 pm

» The Ghosts of Rhydin Past
by Gypzee Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:08 pm

» Moran: Brennos [closed]
by Gypzee Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:18 pm

» For a Reason
by Ruslan Chergari Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:13 am

» Sightseeing and Shopping [open]
by Gypzee Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:33 am


Exploring the possibilities ... {Pt4} (Open to one and all, either on the way or upon arival)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Exploring the possibilities ... {Pt4} (Open to one and all, either on the way or upon arival)

Post by Sacher Masoch on Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:20 am

Sacher made his way back to his hidden home away from home where he bathed and put on fresh clothing. He had bandages on his arms and chest where some of the scratches hadn't started to close yet. He had wasted too much time this night already, so when he left this time, he headed straight to the Tel'Ranaemyn Inn. But even with it being a straight shot, it was still a bit of a trip. Maybe he wouldn't run into any more distractions this time ...
avatar
Sacher Masoch

Number of posts : 81
Joined : 2010-12-30
Age : 270
Location : Usually Earth, somewhere in Romania to be more specific.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Exploring the possibilities ... {Pt4} (Open to one and all, either on the way or upon arival)

Post by Chuckles on Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:21 am

Interesting things abound in Rhy'Din. And such was the case on this night as the vampire made his way towards the Inn. For obscured within the shadows of the nearby trees, was a lone cloaked figure. This cloaked being stood at a very erect six feet and two inches. His cloak was black and completely opaque. The hood was pulled down to cover his face. Nothing showed of what was beneath said cloak, not even of the lower extremities.

From where the being stood, he was quite down wind of the vampire who was casually making his way to the Inn. The very Inn where but a year ago, the cloaked being had gone in search of something. And here he stood, a year later, no closer to finding that thing than he had been before. He had even sent his best minion to the Inn in hopes that information would have been discovered. But that big oaf of an Orc had come no closer to finding out anything that this being had.

Now the item that was sought by the cloaked figure, had a very distinguishable scent. And this vampire carried the slightest hint of that scent. It was even more faint that the scent that had originally brought him to the Inn a year ago, but it was there. And there was just something about this vampire. So how did the cloaked being know it was a vampire? His strongest scent was that of blood. Not of blood flowing through his veins, oh no, this was different. This was the blood of something else. A lycanthrope perhaps? But the man had no other tell tale scents that would give him to be a lycan.

So with a tilt of the head, the man was watched. After all, he had been seen from a bit of a distance away, and so there was time to watch him as he passed by. The question was, could this vampire lead him to that which he sought? Perhaps this was the very creature that the cloaked being has been searching for. The one who she could not hide from. So it was lucky on the part of the cloaked being that he had happened along through the wood at this particular time on this particular night. All that was left was to watch and see.
avatar
Chuckles

Number of posts : 15
Joined : 2009-10-01
Location : Rhy'Din

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Exploring the possibilities ... {Pt4} (Open to one and all, either on the way or upon arival)

Post by Sacher Masoch on Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:33 am

For the second time in a night, Sacher could feel eyes upon him. Lips curled back and teeth were bared as he hissed his displeasure into the night air. He stopped in his steps. Head slowly turning towards the shadows from which he felt the eyes upon him. His eyes narrowed as he tried to discern that which was there.

Perhaps it was that the eyes that were upon him were that well cloaked by the shadows, perhaps the explanation was something more duplicitous, but either way not even Sacher's superior night vision could make out the cloaked form amongst the shadows. Which only served to anger the vampire even more.

With a dramatic, though unnecessary sigh, Sacher rolled his eyes. "Here kitty, kitty, kitty, kitty, kitty, kitty." Words spoken softly though full of intent. Within moments, the shadowed figure with eyes upon the vampire would find that he was being surrounded by felines. While the only words that had been verbalized were the calling of the cats, the command to their minds was to find the being in the wood.

Now the house-cats and alley-cats were all around. In the tree's on the ground, they were everywhere. But they were just markers. Markers for the larger cats. Two very large Bengal tigers, from where one could never tell, were stalking up behind the figure. From his left, he was being flanked by three solid black panthers. And from his right a male and a female lion. Some of those animals were not ordinary fare for Rhy'Din, yet there they were, seemingly out of no were.

So now the being in the wood had three choices. One was to face a group of large cats that were advancing upon him like he were prey and attempt fight or flight. Another was if he had any magiks, use them to aid himself in his fight or flight. And a third would be to exit the wood and face Sacher. Of course, the being could always think up a solution to the dilemma that Sacher had not come up with on his own. But no matter what, he was not advancing any further towards the Inn until he was sure he was not going to be followed. His was not to bring a troublesome element to the Inn prematurely.
avatar
Sacher Masoch

Number of posts : 81
Joined : 2010-12-30
Age : 270
Location : Usually Earth, somewhere in Romania to be more specific.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Exploring the possibilities ... {Pt4} (Open to one and all, either on the way or upon arival)

Post by Telguest on Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:12 am


(Thanks for letting me jump in, Sacher!)

The lab was a catastrophe of catatonic proportions. Broken and busted cages were tousled about the tiled floor, glass from broken beakers and equipment scattered about; and there was even frayed electrical wiring hanging down from corners of the ceiling and speaking - even if it was there simply for effect - that made the science lab looked trashed.

Why, it even had an hysterical, quibbling Mad Apprentice Scientist, in a blood splattered white coat, chewing his nails to bits while nervously pacing the floor.

"Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my GOD! I-eeeeeee am so dead. I'm worse than dead," his voice squeaked as he sunk down to the floor and shards of glass crunched under his weight.

On hands and knees he crawled to the nearest broken metal cage and picked it up in his arms, cradling it after vainly trying to shut its broken door. A sob - which sounded more like a squeal - followed as he tried to find his words. "He's going to be so angry with me," he sobbed, "I don't even know how to explain it."

"Explain what?"

It was the loud, booming and impressive voice of the Head Scientist that followed the opening of the labs main door. "Great hydroxy!," came the expression of shock after the Head Scientist finally got a look at the lab. "What the periodic table happened in here! MAS! MAS, where are all the cats? When I said to not destroy the lab while I was gone, I meant it! That wasn't some frivolous squib."

"Gah but Sir!" speaking frantically MAS (the Mad Apprentice Scientist) tossed the broken cage from his hands and crawled on the glass shard covered floor towards the Head Scientist and threw himself at the man's lab coat tails. "It's not my fault! Suddenly they all went neurotic and sprang out of their cages, hurting themselves - and me - before they jump out of the window!"

"Great Element of Iron!" The Head Scientist pulled away from MAS, making him fall on the floor, and he hurried to one of the broken windows. "We're on the sixty-sixth floor of the sixth building in Sector Six, do you know what this means MAS?"

MAS, who was picking glass shards out of his face since he fell forward when the Head Scientist moved, scrambled up to his feet and to the window as well. He leaned out of it a second before answering the question. "That sixty-five floors of people possibly saw cats falling out of the sky and now we have to do a mass memory wipe to make them think that nothing out of the ordinary is going on? Ow!"

The last remark came as a result of MAS being smacked upside his head. "No you dunce, this is Rhy'din! Seeing cats falling out of the sky is hardly anything to blink an eye at anymore," he grunted and rubbed his hands together excitedly. "Look down there, do you see any cat corpses?"

"N-n-no, but we are pre---"

"That means they've died and are living again!" The Head Scientist was remarkably pleased. "My experiment on turning live cats into zombies is a success! A success!" And the Head Scientist began to dance around his wrecked lab while the MAS chewed his bottom lip in worry and concern.

"Um, um-ah, Head Scientist?," MAS asked nervously.

"Yes, what is it? You're interrupting a perfectly good celebration of achievement here," came the Head Scientist's reply.

"If they did die and turn into zombies, then there are thirty zombified cats loose in Rhy'din somewhere."

"Yes, yes thirty zomb--oh. Oh dear. Oh sweet silver and gold, quick! Hurry up now!" Time for celebrating was over as the Head Scientist was rushing to the door and calling out to his apprentice as he went. "We have to find those cats before someone else does and claims them as theirs!"

In a flurry of confusion over what, exactly if anything, he was to bring to go cat-zombie hunting, MAS grabbed up the cat-captor-collar (or 3c) and followed out behind. Those cats had to have gone somewhere...


Telguest

Number of posts : 112
Joined : 2011-07-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Exploring the possibilities ... {Pt4} (Open to one and all, either on the way or upon arival)

Post by Chuckles on Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:34 am

It took but a moment for the cloaked being's ears to register the sounds from the vampire's mouth. He was calling a cat? The was strange. Strange indeed. But within a couple of minutes, it was discovered why the felines were being summoned. Suddenly they were everywhere. Even up in the trees. Hundreds of small feral, domesticated, and wild cats.

It was time to take leave of the shadows in the wood. A turn to the left showed that escape in that route was out of the question. Another turn to the left had him now facing the opposite direction from where he had been. But his escape was blocked that way as well. One more left turn put him face to face with even more large, wild cats.

That last left turn put him to where he was again facing the road. They were just cats, right? But it was then that something in particular was noticed. Several of the cats seemed to be broken and bloodied. He had heard that cats had nine lives, but this was a little much.

Most of the cats came to rest a few feet from him. As if they were trying to direct him where to go. But those bloody cats, the ones that looked like they had been sliced to hell and back by glass and then dropped to the pavement to break their bones. Those cats were creepy, and coming from the cloaked figure, that was saying a lot. Those cats were advancing further, coming closer, and they were licking their chops like they were starving.

Quick movements had the cloaked being turning in a circle again. Only this time, his goal was to see how to get away from the broken and bleeding cats. Slowly, the cloaked being backed out of the wood. The vampire was most definitely the lesser of the evils. And as evil as this being happened to be, he had no desire to face cats that seemed to be the walking dead.

So now, the cloaked one was in the road with the vampire. "Wha...What have you done to them vampire?" The voice was shrill and high pitched. Almost nasal in it's tone. He was still walking backwards, and wouldn't even care if he bumped into the vampire. He just wanted away from those cats. But even as he was backing away, they were following him.
avatar
Chuckles

Number of posts : 15
Joined : 2009-10-01
Location : Rhy'Din

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Exploring the possibilities ... {Pt4} (Open to one and all, either on the way or upon arival)

Post by Sacher Masoch on Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:25 am

((You are quite welcome, and thanks a lot for the zombie cats! LOL))

Sacher could smell the death in the air when those dead cats showed up. And it worked great for him because the cloaked figure that had been hiding in the shadows was now making his exit from the woods. How opportune. And if he did not stop backing up soon, he was going to walk right into Sacher.

A clearing of the throat would signal to the cloaked being that he was nearing Sacher and would be bumping into him soon. Hopefully the being would stop. And upon hearing the question asked Sacher spoke a reply. "Moi? I assure you, I have done nothing to them. To what is it that you refer?" Not knowing exactly what was going on with the cats.

After a brief pause, Sacher thought to ask of the being exactly what it was that he wanted to know. "Why were you watching me? What is it that you want? Were you the one watching me at the club as well?" Ok, so there were three questions. He wasn't worried of the cats, they would do as they wished unless he commanded them to do otherwise.
avatar
Sacher Masoch

Number of posts : 81
Joined : 2010-12-30
Age : 270
Location : Usually Earth, somewhere in Romania to be more specific.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Exploring the possibilities ... {Pt4} (Open to one and all, either on the way or upon arival)

Post by Telguest on Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:54 pm


The search for the zombie cats was on! While the Head Scientist took on the hunt with full steam and vigor, MAS was a bit more apprehensive. He shivered at each dark alley they passed – especially when he was made to go in them and look around – and he jumped at every animal sound that he heard. They would have been lost on where to go if not for the trail of bloody cat footprints that went away from their laboratory.

And the occasional disturbed pedestrian who made insane mutterings about dead felines walking the earth. One lady described the cats as ‘horrific, massively contorted creatures that would steal a man’s soul with a look.’ The Head Scientist, of course, found this to be delightfully pleasing and engaged in a jovial dance before the MAS dragged him away. As much as the MAS didn’t want to be about hunting down zombies in the middle of the night, he really didn’t want to be caught, out in the street, with his boss dancing like that.

The footprints eventually lead out of town and towards a more forested area, away from anyone who could hear them scream - never know. That was when things started to get interesting.

"Great amalgam sulfate! MAS, do you hear that?" The Head Scientist stopped in his tracks and held out a hand to stop the progression of his assistant and use the other hand as a cup aroudn his own ear. Listening.

Eyes squinting, trying to see as well as hear, MAS shrugged his shoulders. "All I hear is the faint meowing of cats. Sounds like a lot of them."

"Yes! Yes my boy! They must have found something, thus the meows!" And the Head Scientist was off, running up the path with his lab coat flying out behind him.

Found something? MAS waas looking after his boss, eyes as wide as saucers. "W-w-wait!" He rushed after him and tripped over hi own feet, face planting into the dirt. Luckily he didn't break the c3 unit, that cat-captor-collar device was one of a kind!

The Head Scientist turned and waved his hands to the MAS, urging him to hurry up. "This is no time for laying down on the job now come on! This is our chance to observe them in a natural habitat!"

"Or end up on their menu." But what could MAS do but follow? So follow he did.

The two of them ran down the road and skidded to a stop when they saw not only their zombie cats, but a slew of cats and what looked to be two men. The presence of the other men caused the Head Scientist to huff and puff and throw his shoulders back.

"I knew it! See there! Do you see that MAS? Someone else has found our cats!" The Head Scientist was clearly in a tizzy. "I'll be Zirconium metal before I let them steal my work! You! You two there! Back away from my zombie cats! They're my creation and i have the scientific data to prove it!"

He shouted that as he made his way up the hill and towards the men and the cats. MAS, with the c3 device - that looks like a noose on the end of long flashy stick - followed nervously.

Telguest

Number of posts : 112
Joined : 2011-07-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Exploring the possibilities ... {Pt4} (Open to one and all, either on the way or upon arival)

Post by Chuckles on Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:54 am

[[Sorry for the delay. Server issues. So I am having another make this post for me.]]


Chuckles did not stop backing up, even after the vampire cleared his throat. So unless the vampire moved, he ran right into him. Of course, even if he didn't run into the vampire, he would stop in his movements. After all, he had been spoken to.

He did not look away from the cats that were advancing still. "Why I was watching you is rather irrelevant at this point vampire. What I want as well, for right now, what I want is to get away from those cats. And I know nothing about any club. Now call off your undead beasts." After all, for all Chuckles knew, the zombie cats could eat brains like human zombies were rumored to do.

It was then that the two approaching lab coat clad beings were heard. Chuckles spared them but a glance before returning his attention to the felines. "Call them off vampire." Tact was not one of Chuckles' strong points. Rather than a request, his words came across sounding more like a command. Which was nothing unusual for him. His usually high pitched nasal sounding voice had a hint of panic to it. Perhaps the others would hear that?
avatar
Chuckles

Number of posts : 15
Joined : 2009-10-01
Location : Rhy'Din

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Exploring the possibilities ... {Pt4} (Open to one and all, either on the way or upon arival)

Post by Sacher Masoch on Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:18 am

Sacher took one step back and put his hand up to stop the cloaked being from running into him. But the answers to his questions did not make him happy. Neither did being commanded to stop the cats. So with an arched eyebrow Sacher addressed the cloaked one. "Why should I stop them from attacking you? You were watching me like some type of stalker." Honest question.

But then he too heard the two approaching in the lab coats. And heard the words that the one bellowed. He turned his head to see them approaching the crest of the small hill upon which he and the cloaked one stood. He looked to the pair of tigers. "Bring them to me." And the pair of striped beasts walked off towards the approaching pair.

Now it was back to the cloaked one and his fear of the apparently undead cats. "You fear them. You reek of fear. Perhaps I should let them get you." But as he spoke those word aloud, he mentally commanded the cats to halt their advancement. And they all stopped, except the tigers who were still following their previous command. But the cats that had stopped, they looked ready to pounce at any second.


Last edited by Sacher Masoch on Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Sacher Masoch

Number of posts : 81
Joined : 2010-12-30
Age : 270
Location : Usually Earth, somewhere in Romania to be more specific.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Exploring the possibilities ... {Pt4} (Open to one and all, either on the way or upon arival)

Post by Telguest on Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:52 pm


"Oh look, MAS, they sent a patrol out to escort us!" The Scientist was delighted, even at the approaching tigers which were coming at him and the MAS.

"Looks like they are gathering dinner to me."

The apprentice, wasn't to sure and he eyed the animals with skepticism and moved ever closer to the Scientist who, was now, shooing him away as he continued towards the others.

Oh the wonders. The Mad Scientist was slightly disappointed to see that the zombie cats were not trying to take over the others, or even trying to eat the other cats that were around. Not to mention that all the other various species of cats gathered here were sitting around. He pointed this out to MAS while they walked between the tigers. "How terribly boring! MAS what did you do to them? Why aren't they doing anything?"

"Me!? I didn't anything!" MAS shook the c3 device and looked around in astonishment and fear. Why was he being blamed for the lack of feline activity! He pointed that noose on a stick to the man who sent the tigers. "He's the one doing everything."

Honestly, neither of the men knew whether or not that was true, but it made sense being that the tigers were following orders.

When they arrived the Mad Scientist stomped his foot and went as close to the men as the tiger would let him. "Francium Neon, those," pointing to the zombie cat collection, "are my cats. I created them and I want them back." He then waved a hand to all the other felines he saw there. "You can keep the others and my assistant and I will be one our way."

There wasn't anything to odd about the two guys, one was a disturbed clown and the other looked like anyone you'd see about the Rhy'Din, thus he saw no reason to fear. Maybe it's because he was mad? The MAS? He was looking a bit jumpy.

Telguest

Number of posts : 112
Joined : 2011-07-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Exploring the possibilities ... {Pt4} (Open to one and all, either on the way or upon arival)

Post by Chuckles on Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:16 pm

It was a good thing that the scientist did not vocalize his thought about the cloaked figure being a disturbed clown, for that would beg the question, had Chuckles exposed himself to others in his panic to escape the cats? He was always more careful than that, well almost always.

But to address the vampire first. He couldn't be so cruel, could he?
"You wouldn't let them harm an innocent who just happened to observe you passing by, would you?" After all, this was Rhy'Din, vampires had souls and were kind to others. A lot of them were down right nice.

There was a bit of shakiness to his voice when he was addressing the vampire, and it was even more apparent when he addressed the pair in the white coats when they walked up.
"Take them. Take them away, please." He would be quite thankful for those zombie beasts to be gone.
avatar
Chuckles

Number of posts : 15
Joined : 2009-10-01
Location : Rhy'Din

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Exploring the possibilities ... {Pt4} (Open to one and all, either on the way or upon arival)

Post by Sacher Masoch on Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:57 pm

lips curled back from sharp fangs and pearly white teeth. A hiss followed as he looked like one or more of the beings present was going to be his next meal. Then he shouted at them all. "Enough!" He looked at all those present.

He looked at the cloaked being and addressed him first.
"Number one, I have no problem with letting them attack you. I may even do so myself. Now shut up you whining blubbering sissy." He was not at all pleased with this delay in his plans for the evening.

Then he looked to those in the white coats that the tiger's had brought to him.
"Do you happen to have some sort of business card or something of the sort, Neon is it? I will not release them to just anyone you understand." He had a good idea of what to do about those two and their little beasts.
avatar
Sacher Masoch

Number of posts : 81
Joined : 2010-12-30
Age : 270
Location : Usually Earth, somewhere in Romania to be more specific.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Exploring the possibilities ... {Pt4} (Open to one and all, either on the way or upon arival)

Post by Telguest on Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:57 pm

"Wh - wha - what?" The Mad Scientist looked at guy who spoke to him - the dark skinned one who packed more guns than this skinny man did - with a very confused and slightly miffed expression. He coughed a couple times as if he were choking and patted a hand against his own chest.

"They are not your cats, now are they?" the Scientist said, and quite boldly at that! "What care of yours is it that I ask for them or not? Hmm?"

"Sir..?" MAS tugged on the Scientists' sleeve but the action was ignored as the Scientist continued talking.

"Where's my identification?" Bravado coming into his voice. Clearly the Scientist was getting nerve from somewhere, perhaps because he wanted his creations.

"Sir."

The Scientist annoying waved away to assistant and continued with a puffed up chest. "Where's yours? Acting like you own the felines when you are just another man trying to take wha--"

"Sir!" MAS shouted at his boss and yanked so hard on the man's sleeve that the Scientist stumbled backwards into the assistant and they both fell down in a tangle, the c3 getting trapped in with them. He didn't think that his boss should be so brazen to the man who sent tigers after them! "I wouldn't Sir. Remember the tigers!"

"Molybdenum grip! Get off me! They're my cats and I'm getting at least one of them back!" Proclaimed the Scientist.

Telguest

Number of posts : 112
Joined : 2011-07-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Exploring the possibilities ... {Pt4} (Open to one and all, either on the way or upon arival)

Post by Chuckles on Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:33 am

This was a good time to begin to make his escape, at least that was the thought as he began to slowly back away. Let the chocolate skinned vampire argue with the two nut cases who had created the flesh eating undead feline's. This one wanted nothing to do with any of them.

He worked hard to not make a sound as he backed up farther and farther from the group. He had never feared cats until he had seen those abominations. And this vampire had called them forth. Was it that the ... Ahh, there was the answer. The scientist had made them, he had heard that. And here he was afraid that the vampire had called them from the grave like some sort of necromancer.

As it were, he had only known of one who had the power of necromancy before becoming an undead themselves. Perhaps not exactly a necromancer, he was unsure on that fact, but an animator or a witch at least. He had suspected this one to have been descended from that vampire's line. That was why he had been watching him. But this one proved to have the powers of a master, which he thought would never come of the line. He had thought this one to be sired by someone far too selfish to have ever created a master. But he had called forth beasts, so a master he was.

He had no idea why the vampire wanted the identification of the two nut jobs in white coats. But he was trying to avoid sticking around to find out. He was still quietly backing away. One eye on the cats, the other on the vampire and the other two. If he could just get far enough away, he would make a run for it. He would find another way to achieve his goal. This manner was not worth it.
avatar
Chuckles

Number of posts : 15
Joined : 2009-10-01
Location : Rhy'Din

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Exploring the possibilities ... {Pt4} (Open to one and all, either on the way or upon arival)

Post by Sacher Masoch on Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:54 am

Another growl came from the lips of Sacher. He saw the cloaked one trying to escape. He had two choices, let him go, or hold him hostage. He knew that he would remember the things scent and the feel of him. So he let him go. Besides, he had his hands full with the idiot before him.

He looked at the man with all the bravado and chuckled. "Do I look like a fool to you? I will not release a single thing to you without proper identification. Le sexe creux matiθre fιcale scientifique." He was running out of patience. Not only were the tigers closing in on the pair, but the other large cats were as well.

He fought to stifle a laugh when the assistant brought the pair down on their derriθre's. It was rather amusing. But it wouldn't work to look intimidating when one is laughing hysterically. Rather, he waited for them to rise to their feet once again and produce some form of identification. While he waited, he called up a memory from earlier in the night. He pulled his phone from his pocket and began to dial a number he had seen on a sheet of paper.

((The translation would make no sense, as I know that this is not the way to literally translate what he wished to say. This was constructed of synonyms of the words in the sentence so that it would translate to French. And no, I cannot post what it is supposed to say here anyway. LOL))
avatar
Sacher Masoch

Number of posts : 81
Joined : 2010-12-30
Age : 270
Location : Usually Earth, somewhere in Romania to be more specific.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Exploring the possibilities ... {Pt4} (Open to one and all, either on the way or upon arival)

Post by Telguest on Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:56 pm

Those tigers were still with them! The Mad Scientist may have written those animals off an a low-level threat but MAS surely had not! He was wary of them when they were sent as an escort and now he was even more aware, especially since they were converging on them!

The current heap they were in on the ground didn't help, and for a while, the more he tried to untangle them the more the Mad Scientist twisted them back.

"Watch your hands you phosphate ion!" said the Mad Scientist, the c3 hoop barely missing wrapping around his head.

"I'm trying to save our skin!" MAS protested. It was no mistake that he was trying to get the contraption around the Mad Scientist, if he could get it there, he would then be able to drag his boss away! Trying to capture the Mad Scientist and keep an eye on the approaching animals was a tiring job!

"Tigers Sir! The Tigers!!!!"" The other large cats didn't matter as much.

The Mad Scientist failed his arms about to try and move his assistant away and also grabbed for the c3. "What in the name of Zirconium are you blabbering abo--!" His words were cut short when he saw for himself the animals and that put a different spark to him. He shot up from the ground, untangling both him and MAS, and even pulled his Assistant back. "Why didn't you tell me we were under attack!"

"But---!"

"No time for that! Run! We can make more with the research! "


And with that, the pair scuffled off as fast as they could, back where they came from. Those two could keep the cats, they weren't worth getting eaten for.

[sorry for holding you up! Scientist, out! ]

Telguest

Number of posts : 112
Joined : 2011-07-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Exploring the possibilities ... {Pt4} (Open to one and all, either on the way or upon arival)

Post by Chuckles on Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:48 pm

How opportune. The idiots that had created the abominations were providing the perfect distraction. It was very advantageous to the cloaked one. While the vampire was distracted with dealing with those idiots, Chuckles had put what he considered to be plenty of space between himself and the group. And none of the cats had paid him any mind. So it was with a swish of his cloak that he turned on his heels and ran for his life from the master vampire, his feline army, and those idiots with doctorates in stupidity. Creating zombie cats ... Bah! Rhy'Din got weirder and weirder every day.

((Thanks for the chance to play, and the help posting. Chuckles out ... Peace!))
avatar
Chuckles

Number of posts : 15
Joined : 2009-10-01
Location : Rhy'Din

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Exploring the possibilities ... {Pt4} (Open to one and all, either on the way or upon arival)

Post by Sacher Masoch on Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:40 am

Sacher let them all run away. He was listening to a ringing phone. When the phone was answered he spoke. "You will find, somewhere in the area of New Haven, a lab. The scientist and his assistant are creating zombie cats. The evidence of which will be found outside of the building. You will know you have the right place because there will be several large cats guarding the exits." And then he flipped the phone closed and slipped it back in his pocket.

He looked at the large cats. "Follow them, wait for the officials from R.A.o.A.R. Make sure they get the zombie cats. Then you may go." He looked to the group of undead abominations. "Go with them. Wait outside the building together. They will protect you and you will get help." Then he looked at the other cats. "Go home." All the cat's had their orders now.

He picked up his bag, then he started walking towards the Inn again. He hoped that no one else was going to bother him this night. One errand and he's been delayed several hours. The night was half over. It wasn't going to be a very long exploration. He would still have to get back to the cave before sun up. He didn't think it would be good if he died at the Inn. And that was what happened to vampires when they slept. They died.
avatar
Sacher Masoch

Number of posts : 81
Joined : 2010-12-30
Age : 270
Location : Usually Earth, somewhere in Romania to be more specific.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Exploring the possibilities ... {Pt4} (Open to one and all, either on the way or upon arival)

Post by Sacher Masoch on Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:19 am

((This is the spot where I rescue Speedy from the bathroom. Smile Poor guy needs outta there and some clothes.))

Success, Sacher had made it to the Tel'Ranaemyn Inn. Finally. Quiet footsteps carried him up the steps and across the porch. He felt a sense of relief when he opened the door and crossed the threshold. He was starting to feel like he would never make it here before dawn. He could just imagine De'Ryanna's reaction to finding him laying somewhere, within the Inn, dead to the world.

His first order of business was to deliver the flowers. Had it not been for the single drop of blood he had given to each bouquet they would have withered by now. He moved to the desk and pulled out the dozen pink roses. He laid them on the desk and sought out a scrap of paper and a pen. "Angel" was scribed upon the paper and placed upon the roses.

The next item he removed from his bag was a bouquet of lilies. No note was placed upon those lilies. None would be needed. The intended recipient would be able to smell them, and the scent of the one who had given them. He had chosen the lilies because he had seen them and immediately thought of her. He hoped she understood the gesture and that it pleased her. Which was an odd hope for Sacher, as pleasing others was not usually a priority of his.

Now that the flowers were delivered, he moved on. His next order of business would take him down the hall at the end of the first floor rooms. Why was this? Well, he wanted to get a feel for the beings within the Inn, to the best of his ability anyway, and in order to do that, he had to pass their rooms. But he would chose this task first as there was a restroom at the end of the hall. Even the long lived and chronically nocturnal needed a pit stop now and again.

Upon entering the bathroom, Sacher found a young man standing before a mirror. He thought nothing of the man, or the dog that was with him, as he traveled to a urinal and began to take care of his business. Once done, he too moved to a sink and began to wash his hands. He looked over at the kid and then down at the dog. He had no luggage to speak of, not a single bag. Sacher found this to be odd.

He dried his hands and then headed for the door. The kid wasn't dressing or looking like he was ready to go back to his room. In fact, he looked rather lost. "Hey kid. You look like you could use these more than I can right now." He took out the clothes from his bag and tossed them to him. "And if you wanna earn some coin to buy some more, I have a job you can do for me." How odd was it for a stranger to give someone clothes and offer them a job without even getting the person's name first?

Sacher reached into his pocket and pulled out a platinum piece. He flipped it to the kid and began to tell him about the job as if it had already been accepted. "There's a dress shop in New Haven. It's called Fabrications by Design. I have an order in there. I need someone to go into town in three days to pick it up. I will check with you that night to see that you have it, that it is properly packaged, and that it is what I ordered. If it is, I will pay you two more of those shiny little coins, which are worth a lot around here. Do we have a deal?" He waited for a response this time.

But then he had a thought. He would need to ensure that the boxes were delivered to the recipient. "Oh, and I'll give you yet another one if you bring the boxes here after I have inspected them, and deliver them to their recipient." There, that would take care of that. Provided of course that the kid accepted the offer. Where else would he get such a sweet deal? Four platinum for a couple hours work.
avatar
Sacher Masoch

Number of posts : 81
Joined : 2010-12-30
Age : 270
Location : Usually Earth, somewhere in Romania to be more specific.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Exploring the possibilities ... {Pt4} (Open to one and all, either on the way or upon arival)

Post by Speedy ~n~ Gonzales on Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:45 am

Speedy looked up from shavin when the guy entered the room. He didn't pay the guy much mind. He was just a guy takin a leak. But then the guy spoke t him. He turned an looked at the guy, ya know, on account of that bein the polite thing t do.

He raised his eyebrow at the guy when he threw the clothes at him. He caught em of course, but he hadn't been expectin the toss. "Why you givin me yer clothes?" It was an honest question. Where Speedy came from, no one gave ya somethin fer nothin.

He was lookin at the t an the jeans when the guy mentioned earnin some coin. "Is that what they use here, coin?" He hadn't been sure. He just knew that all he had on him was that Benjamin. An he wasn't sure it was gunna last too long. But the guy kept talkin without answerin any questions yet. So Speedy chose t listen. Gonz, some guard dog he was, was still sleepin at Speedy's feet.

He almost dropped the clothes when the guy tossed him the coin. What was with this guy and the tossin shit? But he caught the coin and listened t what the guy wanted. "So you want me t go pick up some boxes from a dress shop? I can do that. Just as soon as someone tells me where New Haven is an how I get there." He would talk t Kyra about it, if she was still round after his long ass shower.

He was noddin his head when the guy added one more thing t the job. He wanted it delivered. Well hell, for another of these coins, he could do that too. So he nodded again. "Yea, sure, we gotta deal. So how do I reach ya? I mean, I gotta have some way of lettin ya know where I can meet ya and whatever." He didn't have a cell phone, an wasn't sure it would work here anyway.

This was turnin out t be a pretty good day after all. Met a hot chica, a chica with a tude, some dude who poofed on him, an now this dude. An, it was the second job offer o the day. Hell of a way t start his new adventure. He just hoped it was goin t be a short adventure. After all, he had a baby mamma waitin on him at home.
avatar
Speedy ~n~ Gonzales

Number of posts : 76
Joined : 2010-07-17
Location : I was in East LA yo....

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Exploring the possibilities ... {Pt4} (Open to one and all, either on the way or upon arival)

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara on Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:36 am


Something was left at the front desk.

It was very odd, the feeling that ran through her, probably because she hadn't felt it in a while. Or - which probably made more sense - was that the feeling was foreign because she hadn't exactly been herself for quite some time. Therefore there wasn't a quick answer to that particular 'call' it may have taken a few moments or even a handful of minutes before a rustling could be heard at the front door. A fumbling about that suddenly had the door flying open and its handle being held by that of a young lady looking quite confused as to why she was there.

Letting go of the knob she combed out her hair with her fingers, subconsciously trying to make some sort of sense out of it before she walked towards the desk. The long hem of her worn skirt glided across the floorboards effortlessly and, if she were wearing any shoes at all, they made not a sound, neither did her movement suggest anything other than a continuous glide. No human could walk like that and if the distant look upon her face was the only judge.....

But she wasn't a ghost, not quite, for she was able to grasp a hold of the desk. Even leaned over it with one slipper foot lifting off the ground, hair falling about her face with the movement. She inhaled deeply the scent of the flowers that were there. "Flowers.....?" that word sounded as strange to her ears as it did coming out of her mouth.

There were other smell on the flowers as well. Traces of places it may have been and who may have handled it, though no particular person came to mind. Yet.

Staying at the side of the desk she saw the card and looked upon the name. Angel. It had a familiar ring to it, though it couldn't have been her. There may not be much she could remember at the moment but that name didn't seem to fit. Must have been left there for someone else.

The second group of flowers, the lilies, they had no card with them that she could see and so she reached out to pick them up. Immediately her mind was bombarded with rapid fire images, words, and feelings, so much that she let out a small shriek and dropped them right back on the desk.

The distant look on her face was replaced by fear and realization. She scrubbed her cheeks with the palms of her hands and looked down upon the leather bracelet around her wrist.

"De'Ryanna...." Her eyes were locked on the strip of leather as she spoke in whispered words. "Tel'Ranaemyn.... Crue... Blood, lots of..." She clasped a hand over her mouth and turned around quickly, eyes darting here and there.

He's here, she thought. Now that she was more herself than a few moments ago, what De'Ryanna had been smelling formulated in her mind and made sense. She even the direction he and the other were however, as she started to step away from the lilacs she felt herself slipping and she paused.

"I don't want to take it. I don't care. I'm not.... Fine. Fine. Only one." Was she talking to someone, or to herself, and did that really matter? Whatever the case may be De'Ryanna stepped back to the desk and withdrew one of the lilacs. Breaking off the steam a tad and letting the excess fall to the ground, she stuck the flower behind her right ear.

Exhaling slowing she closed her eyes and squared back her shoulder. Slowly, bit by bit, she was feeling a bit like her old self.


avatar
De'Ryanna Aybara

Number of posts : 563
Joined : 2008-07-14
Age : 25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Exploring the possibilities ... {Pt4} (Open to one and all, either on the way or upon arival)

Post by Sacher Masoch on Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:49 am

Sacher nodded to the boy in response to his question of coin. That was the form of currency most commonly used in this realm. Then he let the boy continue on. He didn't even know where New Haven was? How new was this kid? "New Haven is just down the road. You leave the Inn and go to your right. You follow the road until you are in town. Someone in town will be able to direct you to the dress shop. It is called Fabrications by Design. Can you remember that? If not, I can write it down for you. Or you could just ask for directions to the best dress maker in the lands." After all, Sacher had done just that, and was directed to Fabrications by Design.

Already Sacher was growing tired of this mortal. So many questions. Sacher shook his head. "I will meet you at the back of the stables at the hour of ten in the night. Not tomorrow, or the next night, but the night after as it should be done by then. Bring the boxes and I will check them. Then you may deliver them. I will pay you the two platinum when I inspect the boxes, and the last one when I find out that the boxes got to the lady they are for. And to do so, I will find you. Any other questions?" Sacher was ready to get on with his night. He wanted to explore a little before he had to head back to the waterside cave and his coffin.
avatar
Sacher Masoch

Number of posts : 81
Joined : 2010-12-30
Age : 270
Location : Usually Earth, somewhere in Romania to be more specific.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Exploring the possibilities ... {Pt4} (Open to one and all, either on the way or upon arival)

Post by Speedy ~n~ Gonzales on Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:15 am

Speedy listened t the guy as he explained stuff. It all seemed kinda easy t him. So he tried t look like he was thinkin 'bout it for a minute. Then he just nodded. "Yeah man, it's cool. I can do that. You don't need t write nothin down for me. I gots it. Fabrications by Design. Sounds like one o those ritzy uptown kinda places. But yeah, I'll do you one proper." He was happy t be earnin some coin so he could pay for stuff. Even if it was as an errand boy.

Meetin the guy at the back o the stables was no issue either, Speedy already knew where those were. Been there done that as they say back home. So Speedy just nodded again. "Thanks for the threads man. I'll make sure they get a good wash and get returned t ya." He held up the clothes as he spoke. Then he headed into a stall to get dressed. Gonz was still sleepin. "See ya in a few days, well nights." An he closed the door behind him.

When he was dressed, he came outta the stall and went t put on his shoes and stuff. Then he woke his dog up with the side of his foot. "Comon Gonz. We gotta get back t Kyra." Gonz got up and shook himself. Then he followed Speedy out the door. They headed t where Kyra said the bar was. Speedy just hoped that she was still there waitin on him.
avatar
Speedy ~n~ Gonzales

Number of posts : 76
Joined : 2010-07-17
Location : I was in East LA yo....

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Exploring the possibilities ... {Pt4} (Open to one and all, either on the way or upon arival)

Post by De'Ryanna Aybara on Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:48 pm



Just as she was feeling herself come back to a type of normalcy she looked down at her hand that were resting on the desk and quickly pulled them off, faltering over her own feet as she quickly retreated back a couple of steps. Blood. There was blood on her hands, she saw it. Taking a few deep breaths De'Ryanna brought her hands up to get a better look at them and, sure enough, they were covered, the fresh blood dropping from her fingertips and to the floorboards.

"What's going on?" She asked herself in a harsh whisper, wringing her hands together and watching the blood spread over her hands. There always seemed to be more although, she knew it to not be real for there was no smell of blood in he air at all. That didn't make it any less disturbing. "What's happening?"

Her eyes grew wider as she watched her hands the blood began to run up her arms. "Get off of me!" Ryanna called out, her voice on the edge of panic. Frantically she started rubbing at her arms in attempt to make the blood go away. In her mind she knew it was an illusion, but it wasn't one she wanted to have.

As she worked at her arms she took backwards steps and nearly froze - with each step she took there was a footprint of blood. Tears started to well up in her eyes. "I didn't kill anyone!" She could say it because as far as she knew it was true, but who's to say what she has done when she wasn't herself.

The calming effect of the single lily were fading fast. "I didn't!" Ryanna shouted before she ran out of the front door, her intentions on going to the stable as a nagging thought in her head told her that was where she had to go.



avatar
De'Ryanna Aybara

Number of posts : 563
Joined : 2008-07-14
Age : 25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Exploring the possibilities ... {Pt4} (Open to one and all, either on the way or upon arival)

Post by Speedy ~n~ Gonzales on Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:40 am

Speedy was the first one t leave the bathroom. He left the creepy dude in there t clean up er whatever. He was headed t'wards the bar an happened t see the chica from earlier. The one that had the issue with the other dude. "Yo, chica." What was her name again? Did he even know?

He moved t'wards her an noticed she was trippin 'bout somethin' "Yo, chica, you a'ight?" He moved closer an reached out t her. "You buggin' sista. 'Course ya din't kill no one. It's cool." He was close 'nough t touch her. But he was't sure he should givin the way she was trippin'. She might wack him one er somethin'.

"C'mon, lets go see Kyra in the bar. Maybe she can help ya." He was tryin' t move her t'wards the bar. Oh how he hoped that Kyra was in there waitin on him. If she wasn't he had no idea how he was supposed t help this crazy chica. He was still tryin t not touch her, not wantin t get his ass handed t him. But if she din't move, what else could he do? "Kyra!" He shouted out t Kyra in case she was in the bar an could hear him.
avatar
Speedy ~n~ Gonzales

Number of posts : 76
Joined : 2010-07-17
Location : I was in East LA yo....

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Exploring the possibilities ... {Pt4} (Open to one and all, either on the way or upon arival)

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum